Building Future: Referendum Progress
Effective immediately, construction workers will be on site at 7am on Saturdays until September 2021.
On March 17, 2020, the community approved a referendum for $119 million to allow District 34 to repair, replace and update our buildings.
This successful referendum signals that residents understand the importance of reinvesting in the school district’s capital assets. The impact of the referendum will positively impact the community for decades to come, and it will be felt at every school, in every classroom, by every District 34 student. We recognize that we are tasked with Building Future.
School Construction Schedule
Phase 1 Project Scope
1 Story Building Addition & Sitework
8 Classrooms with Single User Toilets
4 Multi-User Toilets (Boys & Girls)
2 Single User Toilets
1 Multipurpose Room
Soft Play Surface & Mulch Courtyard with Trees
1 Storm Water Detention System
What can we expect?
The construction at Lyon School will add space for full-day kindergarten, include a multipurpose room addition, create a courtyard playground and update classrooms; as well as the following:
- ADA improvements
- Fire suppression sprinkler system throughout
- Partial roof replacement
- Interior and exterior maintenance
- Mechanical equipment replacement
- Galvanized piping replacement
- Lighting replacement throughout
- Electrical wiring, panel and service replacement
- Additional main office space
- Classroom environment (acoustic, flooring, other)